An Assortment of Embroidery, Sewing,and DIY Craft Projects

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Halloween 2012

This past halloween I decided to go as the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland. Mostly because I wanted to wear a ginormous tulle skirt. I pretty much DIY'd the entire costume, except for the undershirt.

The vest was a pattern purchased from Joanns. Do you know how difficult it was to find a vest pattern?  I thought the late 80s and early 90s were back in style?  My mom helped me with the vest, getting it sized. Although, neither of us were very good at it and it was much too large for me in the end. But since it was a one day deal, a little pinning was all I needed to make it wearable.  This was also my first time with grommets! Very exciting.
Mom helping me with the vest - used interfacing and everything!


The skirt was a beast. I think in the end it came out to over 150 yards of tulle. it was amazing. it weighed down the elastic waistbad of the skirt so much, that I kept having to pull it up!

Starting to work on the skirt

I added the red felt heart with pins and made the crown out of construction paper. Used some lipstick for makeup and away I went for Halloween storytime at the library!  Little girls just LOVED the skirt. We did a lot of twirling.

 
Before we pinned the vest to make it more wearable
 

No comments:

Post a Comment