An Assortment of Embroidery, Sewing,and DIY Craft Projects

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cloth Doll

After seeing all sorts of cute cloth dolls around pinterest and the blogosphere, I decided to have a go at it after randomly paging through this book Craft Challenge: Dozens of Ways to Repurpose a Tea Towel.

It looked easy enough....so I picked up some soft flannel fabric at Joanns along with some felt and gave it the old college try.  I based the doll a bit off the pattern in the book, but did stray out on my own.

This project was so fast and fun - the end result is cute, but not cute enough for the cutest baby in the world.

Cloth Doll:

Materials:
Soft flannel yellow polka dot fabric
Purple, green, orangey-brown, and pastey white girl felt
Green, red, orangey-brown, and yellow floss

I LOVE the way the hair turned out, especially the bangs.  I have ideas for revamping the next ones I make...wait for it....wait for it....No seriously, wait for it. I've got two other projects in the hopper right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment