An Assortment of Embroidery, Sewing,and DIY Craft Projects

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas for Megan and Shelby

I had such a great time choosing and working on Megan and Shelby's presents. Megan's tote turned out to be one of my most favorite projects yet. Lots of colors and the pattern was really fun to work with.  I got the pattern out of Embroidered Effects.

First, Megan's!
Starting work - my first attempt with metallic floss!

Much better lighting here...

Finished!

Miss Shelby's gift - at first I was going to do a baby blanket or something like that...but then I wanted to start on her's and I didn't have a blanket to use. So I went with a tote bag. Good call on my part since I heard from a very reliable source (her mom) that little miss LOVES bags.  And a girl can never have too many bags, even when she's one year old!

Miss Shelby's tote

Cuteness!  I used iron on letters, since I wanted her name to be bigger and blockier then I would embroider.  Funny story. I texted Megan before I started working on Shelby's tote..."Does Shelby like birds?"  Answer: "I'm not sure how to answer...not if you're giving her a live bird," or something to that effect. Haha!

Ready to be wrapped!

No comments:

Post a Comment